Dr. Sandeep Prasad is a reputed orthopedic surgeon from Health Valley Hospital, Kondapur. He has over 20 years of experience as a Trauma & Orthopaedics Specialist and a Joint Replacement Surgeon.
After completing his MBBS from Osmania medical college, he completed his Master of Surgery in orthopedics. Post that, he went to the UK to pursue his further studies. He has taken up many medical courses and has successfully achieved MCh Ortho, MRCS RCSENG from London, FRCS in Trauma and Ortho, Advanced Trauma Life Support (UK), Association of the Study of Internal Fixation AO (USA), and DIP(OXFORD).
Armed with such valued medical degrees from such reputed institutes, he has served 17 years of his career in various healthcare institutes across UK. To name a few, he was associated with Homerton University Hospital (London) for 6 years, Walsgrave University Hospital (Coventry, Europe), Worcester Royal Infirmary (UK), Solihull NHS Trust (UK), Derbyshire Royal infirmary (UK), etc. He has also served at NHS, England in various honorable positions. For a brief time, he has worked at St Barnes Jewish Hospital in the USA.
During his service, he has worked with several highly experienced orthopaedic consultants and has been trained in many complex orthopedic procedures. He has taken hands-on training in trauma care and has practised the same. He always keeps himself updated in the latest advancements in the medical world so that he can provide the best care to his patients.
Some of his specialties include complex trauma surgeries, Knee and Hip Replacements, Revision Joint Replacement Surgeries, etc. He has participated in many educational workshops where he has involved himself to educate his juniors and learn from his seniors and to stay updated on the latest techniques of surgery, treatment, and recovery.
Even though he is primarily a surgeon, he always believes in a comprehensive approach to his treatment. However, even when they do require surgery, he insists on very mindful pre-surgery take up and post-surgery care.
Because of this way of approach to his patients, added value to his care. In 2018, he finally moved back to India to use his skills to serve his own country. After initially working with Apollo Hospitals for a while, he has joined Health Valley Hospitals as an Orthopedic Surgeon.
To receive treatment under his care, visit him in Health Valley Hospitals, Kondapur where he works full time.
Experience & Workshops
· Pelvic Trauma and complex Hip Replacement -UK May 2019
· Knee Revision course USA April 2019
· Ranawat orthopaedic Conference ,Delhi INDIA Fec 2019
· Pelvic workshop, Wales-UK Mar 2018
· London Knee Meeting UK Oct 2015,16
· London Hip Meeting UK Apr 2014,15,16,17
· ATLS Advanced Trauma life support,Walsall-UK Dec 2013
· Hospital Life support course – Royal orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham -UK Sept 2013
. IOS (U.K.) Conference Middlesbrough U.K Aug 2013
· Hospital Life support Royal orthopaedic Hospital,Birmingham -UK Mar 2012
· Locking plate Fixation smith and Nephew course,Coventry -UK Mar 2012
· Exeter Hip course -Royal Society of Medicine, London -UK June 2006
· Challenges in HIV Homerton University Hospital,London June 2006
· AO Course Basic fracture fixation St Louis Missouri- USA Mar 2006
· ATLS North Staffordshire Royal infirmary,West Midlands-UK Jan 2005
· Basic Life support -Homerton University Hospital London-UK Apr 2005
· Basic Surgical skill course,Bristol-UK Jan 2006
· Scientific basis of surgical practice, Sheffield -UK Apr 2004
· Ilizarov Warangal -India June 2001
· 18th C O E course, Osteoarticular infection ,Indore- INDIA Sept 2000
· Interlocking Nailing Long bones Warangal July 2000
· Total knee replacement -Medwin hospitals Dec 1999
· Posterior instrumentation of spine, Hyderabad India Dec 1998